Friday, February 8, 2013

Round 2 Has Shipped!

Good Morning All!

While I am settled in and waiting for the Nor’easter NEMO to whack us with 2 feet of snow I figured it was a great time to get caught up with my update! There were 2237 cards sent out this month! In the past we have not had much in the way of St. Patty’s Day cards but this time around there quite a bit which was great! The Easter cards are coming in fast behind them which is great since the deadline is next week! I know those deadlines two weeks apart and I apologize for that believe me my wallet doesn’t like it either but I had to space them out a bit so that I didn’t have so many boxes to send at once. Work is so busy right now that sorting 2000 cards is hard I couldn’t handle double that in a weekend.

Thank you to everyone for your  continued contributions both with cards/envelopes and donations. And for getting us off to a great start in 2013! It’s looking to be a great mailing year!

I need to mention a few things again, it’s definitely getting better so some of you are reading the specs!

  1. The dark cards are still coming in unlined. 
  2. I’m getting a lot of cards without envelopes. Please send envelopes, I am not getting envelopes donated at all anymore. I’ve been turned down by every company I’ve written. I can’t afford to pay for postage and buy envelopes any longer.
  3. I do not send store bought cards, if you send those to me I will not send them in my packages, please do not send them. 
  4. Please do not send stamps, I cannot use them and neither can the soldiers, they get free postage.

Thank you all for helping to keep my program running smoothly!

I hope everyone in NEMO’s path stays save and warm!

Pam

No comments: