Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekend Crop

I went to a weekend long scrapbooking crop up in the White Mountains this weekend and had a little challenge. I told the 42 women there about our program for Cards for Soldiers and told them for every card they brought me for the soldiers I would put their name in a drawing for a bag full of scrapping goodies. At the end of the weekend we had 108 cards for me to take home! One woman named Gail was very happy to take the cards home! And on a much happier note she told us a story of a little 3 and 4 year old girl and boy who had receive some home made cards in their Easter baskets this year from their Daddy who was deployed. It was a story that made me tear up more than a little!

Here is a photo of all the cards:

And when I got home I started my job of unpacking and then sorting the cards for the Father’s Day mailing and I have to say I have my work cut out for me! Thank you again! I will be sorting and counting for some time this month! You have outdone yourselves again and I appreciate your hard work! I’ll be back in a few days with a final count!

Pam

1 comment:

Chris said...

What a great idea and such a great assortment of cards. Now that school is just about over, I'll be able to clear the books off my table and get back to making cards.